Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I feel the need... the need to seed.

Don't get me wrong. I am loving this early spring, almost summer-like weather. The sun's shining. The birds are singing. Signs of renewal are everywhere.

Tulips, hyacinths, crocus, irises, poppies all on the verge of blooming. I'm snipping chives and oregano from my garden daily to include in meals. Prepping the soil for the growing season. but that's as far as it goes.

And here is the downfall of this beautiful weather - I want to start planting things now!

I'm not sure I can wait until May 2-4, Canada's official kick-off to the planting season, to start planting. Nurseries are open. I have big plans for the herbs and veg I'm planning to plant. The weather seems perfect for planting. My meals are calling out for fresh herbs from the garden.

I can barely hold myself back!

It's not that I have extra time on my hands but the weather just beckons.

May have to plant some seeds in containers so I can get my "mother nurture" on but bring them in at night to protect from the still present frost.

Happy Spring to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment