Friday, December 4, 2009

Local Limitation

I'm a fan of everything local - art, music and of course food. And this holiday season, I've taken to giving gifts of local food.

It gives me pride to give delicious gifts including food of superior taste while supporting those who painstakingly grow and create these scrumptious morsels.

I have discovered though that I have to be a bit more discerning about who I choose to give the gift of local to. Within the last month, I have given delicious, local charcuterie, cheese and bread as gifts to individuals I thought would enjoy it. However, my gifts were met with less than stellar enthusiasm.

Lesson (one that I should know by now): Give gifts that people want, not gifts that you want them to have. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying these goodies - I'm just not going to be so quick to give them away. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment