Monday, November 23, 2009

Festive Tomatoes

I am self-employed. Number of employees: One.

My husband, on the other hand, works for a company that employs almost 1,000 people. So, to make up for the fact that I do not host a Christmas party for myself, we decided to attend hubby's party at a large conference centre in nearby London, Ontario.

Tickets: $10 each (included buffet dinner and entry into draw for door prizes)
Drinks: $4.95/beer (can) or $5.95 for what amounted to a shooter of wine (2-3 oz.)

Thank heavens we were not there to tie one on, or it would have been an expensive evening! Not only was the wine expensive considering the type and location of function, but it was sub-par at best. I asked the bartender what type of wine it was and she had to consult the bottle. And even then, she couldn't tell me... Table wine - super!

Now, I realize that the food service was preparing a meal for about 1500 people, but man was it awful. Some highlights: overcooked roast beef, gravy from a can, simulated bacon bits, and tasteless grape tomatoes.

Talk about homogenization of food. Oh great, I've lost my appetite... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment